Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer’s End

We are at the end of another weekend, the final weekend of August. Once again, I haven’t been able to read as much as I would have liked. Having a toddler certainly contributes to that, but I would also say that I always think I’ll be able to read more on vacations than I ever end up being able.

This was the summer I found more books than I ever have before, plundering book fairs and library sales. I read a couple of pageturners by Michael Connelly and Jonathan Kellerman, in addition to a couple of books by John Updike and the books previously mentioned in my blog, I have been working my way through Richard Wright’s Black Boy. So far, I find I enjoyed Native Son much better.

One more week until the unofficial end of summer, Labor Day. Maybe I’ll finish a couple of books by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment